Why get a massage? Not only is it incredibly relaxing, but it has amazing physical and mental health benefits! Here are FIVE real reasons why you need a massage today!
1. They can assist with reducing pain! It alleviates low-back pain and improves range of motion. It can also increases joint flexibility, reduces spasms and cramping!
2. Boost Your Health! A massage can enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body's natural defense system. It pumps oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
3. Great for your brain and mental health! When you're getting a massage you release endorphins—amino acids that work as the body's natural painkiller.
4. Great for your skin! Massage can promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks. It can relax and soften injured, tired, and overused muscles. By getting a message you can improve the condition of the body's largest organ—the skin.
5. Get better sleep! Many people struggle with falling asleep or staying asleep. When we get a massage, it not only reduces tension in the muscles, but it can also change our hormone levels in such a way that allows for more profound relaxation to arise. Massage therapy has been linked to increased delta waves in the brain, which are connected to deeper, more restful sleep.