Here are the official rules for our July Contest!!
"In the United States, we live in a very busy society. We spend so much time rushing to point A to point B and then onto C, D, E ... and it seems to go on forever. With so many tasks to complete in one day, it is no wonder so many people suffer from anxiety!
I am not exempt from anxiety. Anxiety and I have been acquainted for quite some time. Some of my symptoms can be debilitating and the random panic attacks do not help one bit. I was tired of the intense feelings of worry and the inability to relax.
I have tried many 'modern' techniques to control my anxiety. These included multiple visits to professionals, pharmacies, and came with a variety of different diagnosis and "cures."
I began meditating and found that deep breathing helped calm my mind and body. I learned that for me, there wasn't a 'cure' for my anxiety. There are positive ways to manage my anxiety. After this discovery I was searching for different ways to manage my anxiety and take back control of my life.
Through random luck, I heard about Floating and decided to check out Metta Relaxation Company. The first time I floated it took me a week to describe the experience. While floating I naturally triggered my body's relaxation response and I was able to reduce the clutter in my mind. As my senses recharged I was able to deeply meditate. I could feel each breath, every heartbeat and it felt as if my body was expanding infinitely through outer space.
When I came out of the tank, I felt like a new person. I felt like my body and mind had somehow 'reset.' I felt relaxation, calmness, and bliss. Life was different and improved after I got out of the tank. I could just feel the transition. I have never felt more relaxed in my life. The air was fresher, the world was brighter, and even food was enhanced. I gained a sense of confidence, optimism, and motivation. Floating has allowed me to manage my once anxiety filled world.
The best part about floating is the residual impacts. I feel stronger in my ability to face my anxiety and in turn my anxiety symptoms have reduced. I could easily feel the mental and physical impacts for days after floating.
Floating has not cured me of my anxiety, but it has been a successful tool in taking back my life. I can feel myself growing more confident and it has been nice to feel a positive relief in the anxiety I feel everyday. Since I have been floating for twelve weeks I can notice the positive change in myself and so can other people around me.
I wrote this in hopes that others can find relief too. I know I will never be 100% anxiety free, but I now have a better quality of life because of floating and therefore, I have to give Thanks to the Tanks! You have my gratitude.
Thank you & Love to everyone at Metta Relaxation Company.
-Amy Y. "
Some benefits to Floating:
For more information about floating www.mettarelax.com/floating-benefits.html
Every float is different. Each floating experience will vary from person to person, experience to experience. However, here at Metta Relaxation, we float often. WE LOVE FLOATING! So the staff has come up with a few tips to for you to try to optimize your float based on our own experiences!
1. We recommend that when you go into the tank that you do not have any expectations. Going in with an open mind will allow you to relax easier and enjoy the experience rather than "waiting" for something to happen, or expecting something to happen. Be present in the moment and allow your body to do what it needs for you.
2. Try to keep your body as still as possible. Everyone goes into the tank for different reasons, but we find that when we keep our bodies still we are able to relax and focus more on our minds in the tank. This can allow your mind to lose sight of where the water begins on your body. It can allow for maximum reduced-external stimuli because your body is not sensing any movement at all.
3. Focus on your breathing. Oxygen is universal energy. It helps us to relax and by focusing on your breath you are able to relax your body and mind. Sometimes counting and focusing on the numbers helps to bring your awareness to the present moment rather than in the past or worrying about the future! Try to stay in the present. Don't be afraid to fall asleep!
4. Do not shave the day of your float. Shaving the day of the float can cause irritation to your skin in the tank. Although this usually diminishes over a short-period of time it can be difficult to become relaxed for that period of time.
5. Take a cool shower before entering the tank. If you take too hot of a shower, the tank may feel too cold, so we recommend a luke warm shower.
6. Digitally record your "before" and "after" float. Doing a small journal or video entry can show you how you have benefited from the float. By taking a video prior to the float you can look at things like facial expression, tone of voice, mood, and then do a video after your float! Notice the difference in those things and what the float has done for your physically and mentally. Share on social media & send it to us if you would like us to publish it.
7. Just enjoy the experience of a float. Experience being supported by such a concentrated epsom salt solution. Experience the blissful quietness, experience the tranquil darkness, and just experience your body and mind!
8. The first time is a learning experience! For some it is very difficult to relax! Relaxation takes practice! Each float is unique.
9. Save your appetite for AFTER the float! We recommend eating a light meal before floating, because you do not want to hear hunger!! If you eat too much before the float you may hear your stomach digesting. We recommend going out to dinner as food is VERY delicious after a float!
10. Float regularly. By floating regularly you can invest into your mental and physical health. Find a float schedule that works for you and stick to it! We are happy to talk about floating!!
HAPPY FLOATING EVERYONE :)
Do you have any tips you would like to share about your floating?
We have Metta T-Shirts in Stock! V-necks and Crew! Small - Thru XXL (limited) $20.
The Hamsa, the symbol on our t-shirts, represent protection, good luck, and brings happiness to those who carry or wear it. Stop in today to pick up your Metta T-Shirt!
Often, we are weighed down by negativity. Negativity impacts our lives in many ways. Negativity is the tiny voice in the back of our heads that say we are not good enough, or we can’t do it. Some of us are plagued with negativity and do not even know it! In life, we do not always have control of what happens and when, but we can control how we perceive and we can control how we respond to the events life throws at us. Here is a list of 5 things that positive thinking can do for you!
1. Self- Esteem and Confidence. Negative self-talk can cause people to feel poorly about ourselves. This lowers confidence and self-esteem which can lead to other negative consequences. By changing our negative self-talk into positive encouragement, we provide ourselves with love. When I was going through a difficult time in my life, I put a sticky note on my mirror that said “I am a beautiful sexy woman.” When I woke up in the morning this was the first thing I saw and I said it out loud to myself while looking in the mirror. This provided me with confidence I needed to take on the world and all I did was change the way I thought about myself. My self-esteem and confidence rose and it’s all because I changed my perspective. .
2: New Perspectives: A lot of times we start projects,plans, or designs, but we get discouraged when we hit a block. Many of us see blocks as obstacles and a lot of times we give up. Looking at obstacles with positive thinking allows us to understand that obstacles are necessary in life. By thinking positively we can generate solutions to these obstacles rather than give up because of a block. Positive thinking can allow us to see life in a brand new way and look at the bigger picture rather than remain stuck in negative thought. Don’t dwell on the negative but allow yourself to see the good that can result because of every situation.
4. Positive thinking can create less stress in your life. Positive energy can be much more productive than negative energy. Both are very powerful energy, but positive energy can allow for a more peaceful and relaxed state of mind. Notice the difference, “I can’t get all of these bills paid, my life is so stressful, I can’t handle this, I am a failure and stupid.” vs. “I will find a way to pay my bills, I am going to take a deep breath because I am stressed, I am capable and I will figure this out.” Although the situation is the same, the second sentence is less tense and more confident. Positive thinking can provide a clear mind to focus on a solution rather than dwell on the problem. It’s the same problem but our state of mind can be altered based on how we look at it. YOU CAN DO IT!
5. Positive energy attracts positive energy. Have you ever been surrounded by negative people? Chances are you understand how that negative energy can impact your mood and the overall environment. Positive energy is the same way. Have you ever smiled at anyone and they automatically smiled back? How does laughter make you feel? These types of positive energies attract more positive energy. Just being in a good mood will attract positive things into your life and you are able to pass along that positivity to others.
6. It can improve your relationships. Being in a negative state of mind can have huge impacts on relationships. The majority of people do not want to be around negativity as it tends to be unpleasant! It can cause friction in relationships and can leave feelings of being stuck and feelings of unhappiness. Positive thinking can open the lines of communication and provide for more harmonious and meaningful relationships in your life. I will reiterate that positive energy attracts positive energy!
What do you think of the power of positivity? :)
WOW! We just received one of the most heartfelt e-mails from one of our clients! Thank you so much!
"To Whom It May Concern,
I wanted to take a moment to express to you my experience with the staff and services of Metta Relaxation Company. I have been visiting Metta since it first opened and have had the extreme pleasure to use all of the services. I have enjoyed massages, reflexology treatments and Reiki sessions, and of course “floated” at Metta, and I have never felt better.
I have to mention that I have had several medical issues improve since I started visiting Metta and feel that the staff really has an effect on how well my healing has come about. The massages are perfect. I have never had a proper reflexology treatment before and did not know that until I have visited the expert practitioners at Metta. Reflexology is an important part of my care plan now, and I will not go anywhere else.I always feel welcomed and relaxed in the atmosphere that has been created by all of you.Although I have visited to enjoy each of your services separately, I really appreciate “floating” after
having a reflexology session and massage. I have found that the many benefits of Magnesium Sulfate are having a profound effect on my stress levels and my back issue. The float rooms are very comfortable and clean. (I like to meditate when I float and can’t imagine a better space to do that.) Thank you all so much for becoming my healers and friends on my journey to finally becoming the whole person that I have missed for so long.
I love you all,
Kevin T. "
Thank you Kevin! I speak for everyone at Metta when I say THANK YOU! We love you too!