Every float is different. Each floating experience will vary from person to person, experience to experience. However, here at Metta Relaxation, we float often. WE LOVE FLOATING! So the staff has come up with a few tips to for you to try to optimize your float based on our own experiences!
1. We recommend that when you go into the tank that you do not have any expectations. Going in with an open mind will allow you to relax easier and enjoy the experience rather than "waiting" for something to happen, or expecting something to happen. Be present in the moment and allow your body to do what it needs for you.
2. Try to keep your body as still as possible. Everyone goes into the tank for different reasons, but we find that when we keep our bodies still we are able to relax and focus more on our minds in the tank. This can allow your mind to lose sight of where the water begins on your body. It can allow for maximum reduced-external stimuli because your body is not sensing any movement at all.
3. Focus on your breathing. Oxygen is universal energy. It helps us to relax and by focusing on your breath you are able to relax your body and mind. Sometimes counting and focusing on the numbers helps to bring your awareness to the present moment rather than in the past or worrying about the future! Try to stay in the present. Don't be afraid to fall asleep!
4. Do not shave the day of your float. Shaving the day of the float can cause irritation to your skin in the tank. Although this usually diminishes over a short-period of time it can be difficult to become relaxed for that period of time.
5. Take a cool shower before entering the tank. If you take too hot of a shower, the tank may feel too cold, so we recommend a luke warm shower.
6. Digitally record your "before" and "after" float. Doing a small journal or video entry can show you how you have benefited from the float. By taking a video prior to the float you can look at things like facial expression, tone of voice, mood, and then do a video after your float! Notice the difference in those things and what the float has done for your physically and mentally. Share on social media & send it to us if you would like us to publish it.
7. Just enjoy the experience of a float. Experience being supported by such a concentrated epsom salt solution. Experience the blissful quietness, experience the tranquil darkness, and just experience your body and mind!
8. The first time is a learning experience! For some it is very difficult to relax! Relaxation takes practice! Each float is unique.
9. Save your appetite for AFTER the float! We recommend eating a light meal before floating, because you do not want to hear hunger!! If you eat too much before the float you may hear your stomach digesting. We recommend going out to dinner as food is VERY delicious after a float!
10. Float regularly. By floating regularly you can invest into your mental and physical health. Find a float schedule that works for you and stick to it! We are happy to talk about floating!!
HAPPY FLOATING EVERYONE :)
Do you have any tips you would like to share about your floating?